This Saturday, December 9 is the Chapel Hill – Carrboro holiday parade! What is notable this year is there will not be any vehicles.
Every year, cycling groups I am involved with have ridden as a group in the parade. Some years, we have performed a ‘bicycle ballet’. For at least the last 6 years, we have loaded up bikes with coffee, graciously provided by the Carrboro Coffee Roasters, and given out free coffee to parade goers.
We will be doing that again this year. However, more importantly, we will also be accepting donations for the Interfaith Council (IFC). Here are the items most in need:
- Canned fruit
- Cereal and snacks (crackers, granola bars, etc.).
Of course, all items are welcome. The main thing we ask is in the parade for no glass jars or containers.
We are also inviting you to join us!!
This year, we are calling on all owners of cargo bikes and bikes that have extra carrying capacity. Or any bike. All bikes are welcome!
Ride in the parade with us. It is a kid friendly event. The parade is only 1.3 miles long and we are rolling along at walking pace. Decorate your bike and have fun in the parade.
- How to join us:
- Get your bikes to the parade start by 9:30AM.
- We will be at the intersection of Church and Franklin (across from Target)
- We will be hard to miss. Look for a bunch of bikes decorated for the holidays!
- We are in Zone A. (directions, parking details)